As is outlined in the first security video, you ensure the security of your database firstly by:
- Managing the password settings that apply to user logins.
These are the rules applied when new passwords are created and when users log in to the system using these passwords.
You also specify how long the mobile app can be inactive before logging out a user.
- Further information is at Password settings.
As is outlined in the second video, you then need to:
- Manage what users can do and see in your database by connecting them with security groups.
- You may also want to customise which cases users can access.
You make each user a member of one (or more) security groups, which are collections of permission settings that specify what can be done and seen.
The default is to allow access to a case only when the user is specifically connected to it.
You can extend this access through user memberships in offices, teams and categories, which are set up at the Employee List.
- Detailed information about permissions and security groups starts at Security Groups.
- Full information about user memberships is at Office, team and category membership.
- Detailed information about the full case access system is at Access to cases.
General security awareness
If you require a general security awareness course, a suitable option is: https://protects.eset.com/cybersecurity-edu-register-emp. Note that you need to enable the flash player if the slides window is not working.
Lastly, while not strictly speaking a security issue, backing up your database is tremendously important. if you're not sure, ask yourself:
What would I do if I lost everything I had entered into Case Manager since I started using it?
This could result from incidents such as accidental deletion of files, infection with an email virus or a major fire. You could only recover with minimum loss of data if you'd been carefully following a backup process.
If your database is hosted by Chameleon Software we have already put best practice backup procedures in place. If not, you need to familiarise yourself with Backup best practice and make sure these guidelines are followed at your business.