Lab - Task management
You want to manage your tasks across all the cases and get an idea of their relative priority. So you need to apply grid functions to the list of Tasks.
Explore the column headings (and hence, the information) that you can add to your list of Tasks.
Hopefully you can remember how to perform grid functions? If not, have a quick refresher at Understanding the grid.
Click the Task List button on the tool bar.
- Drag and drop one of the column heading into the middle of the grid (this will remove it).
- Click the Column Chooser button (or right click any column header and select Column Chooser from the dropdown list).
- The column you removed will now be in the list of columns to be chosen. Drag it back onto the grid.
- Add some further columns to the grid.
- Use the above method to add the Priority column.
- Click the column header to sort the tasks by priority.
Clear the State and Employee restrictions to show all tasks in the system
- Find the State and Employee dropdown lists at the top of the grid.
Click the X on the right hand side of each dropdown listto clear filters. This will increase the number of tasks in the list to tasks for all users and all states of task.
You'll notice that you can display your tasks: current, overdue (and so on) by changing the value in the State dropdown list.
So now you've seen how to add tasks to a case, handle reminders and manage all of your tasks.