Lab - Tasks and reminders
You need to remember to follow up one of your training case's contacts, so add a task. You also need to remember to call the client every second Monday, so add a recurring task.
Like all tasks, the task should have a title, start date, a due date. This task will also have a reminder that appears the day before it is due if the task has not been completed.
- Select your training case in the Case List.
- Click the Tasks tab on the right hand side of the screen.
- Click the Add New button on the Task Tab.
- Select Follow up contact from the Title dropdown list.
- Add information about the task in the Details area - what you have to discuss, etc
- Leave the start date as today and set the due date and time to when the task should be completed. Click the
vicon and use the dropdown assistant to select these.
- Click the Reminder check box and enter a reminder date and time. Set this to the day before the task is due, to allow time for the task to be completed.
An active task will now be visible in your case's Tasks tab. It has a reminder.
Add a recurring task for every second Monday
- At the Tasks tab of your training case.
- Click the Add New button again.
- Enter information for the Title and Details, as you did in Exercise 1.
- Click the Recurrence Details check box. This will open the Recurrence Editor.
- Tick Weekly and tick Monday.
- Select No end date.
- Click OK to close the Recurrence Editor and Save to save the task.
This will create a new task that looks similar to the one created in Exercise 1. However, in this one the Recurrent check box is ticked.
- Later on, go to the recurrent task's Completion tab (next to the Task details tab) and tick Completed on, then Save.
- A new task should now appear with the same title and a start date of the following Monday.
We focused on tasks at a case level in this lab. Don't forget that you can create tasks that are not linked to a case when you create them at your list of Tasks.
You've set up the two tasks now and seen how to complete them. Next let's look at how to manage the Reminders window.
Next: Reminders window